This is the story of 2 couples taking a step back from Corporate Canada life to fulfill a lifelong dream. This blog is by no means a “How To” on planning and executing a journey around the world, but rather a sharing of our experiences and feelings from 2 perspectives as we fumble our way around the world on a journey of a lifetime

"Life begins at the end of your comfort Zone" - Neale Donald Walsch

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Unemployment. The ultimate source for reflection


Now that most of the errands have been run, the bag is actually packed and looking tight and I have easily adapted to unemployment (as expected), I will be committing my time to get some last licks in for some of the things I will miss dearly while I am away this year.

Those that know me well know that I take breakfast very seriously. Where else is it socially respectable and in most cases preferred to dine solo, do paper crossword (at least try to), drink excessive amounts of coffee and cross your legs like an intellectual.

The way I look at it, there are 2 ways to smash breaky:
    • A stand-up egg and bacon sandwich in an area with beauty people-watching opportunities and a the stink of fresh fish. Ladies and gents… The World Famous Pemeal Bacon on a bun @ the St. Lawrence Market. CHECK. Double check for finally making it to the market before 1pm
  • OR:
    • Sneaky Dees bacon and eggs. See you on Friday AM.
    • In my humble opinion, the best standard Breaky in Toronto. It's amazing how many people can fuck up bacon and eggs.

One last PBR before my beer pallet is amplified by epic international pints. Got my first taste with a Tusker straight out of Kenya. CHECK and double check for getting cultured prior to my departure.


Other things that I may not be able to have but will be thinking about…
  • Sushi Queen – You will be missed. I love you Spicy Tuna Dragon Roll (what an innovation) The Rex. I lived across the street from you for 2 years and loved every minute of. Note to self. Don’t go hung over. By noon they are right into the Jazz. Normally this would be fine. But with a beauty hang over.. NO GOOD.
  • The  Friendly Korean owner of the variety store under my building. I DON’T WANT THE KIMCHEE. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU. PS. Your sour keys rock.
  • GMR. What a wild 3.5 years… see yah when I get back. When I say GMR, I really mean, “bubble hockey”. I really will miss you. Coolie – keep the title so when I get back I can reclaim it. Cheers to best of 3 series PPs with a sudden death dual jammies
  • Gary. This is the man who owes me, main, Carly, Ron and Marin Schur his fingers… Thumbs up dude.


There will likely be a ton of others… but Im tired now. Unemployment is tough.

Peace-love-bronzing
outofoffice_JZ

No comments:

Post a Comment