This is the story of 2 couples taking a step back from Corporate Canada life to fulfill a lifelong dream. This blog is by no means a “How To” on planning and executing a journey around the world, but rather a sharing of our experiences and feelings from 2 perspectives as we fumble our way around the world on a journey of a lifetime

"Life begins at the end of your comfort Zone" - Neale Donald Walsch

Thursday, December 1, 2011

And so it begins....



So we decided to drop it all and take off for a year to travel around the world to places we never thought we would have the chance to see – cultures we never thought we would experience – and a dive into the unknown – a feeling like we never thought we would feel.

Meet the Talia and Jonny show... this season.. a year abroad or as we like to call it - outofoffice.

We’ve planned as much as we can – which isn’t much. And now, its just a countdown until we take off.

I have to say, it was a pretty anxious feeling waiting for everyone to find out. But now it’s out there, and it feels great. I don’t know what I’m more excited for…. The probability of my most epic bronze ever or just this feeling of the unknown. Probably a combination of both.

As you can hopefully tell, this is an epic concept.... So epic, in fact, that another couple and great friends of ours decided to join in on the action! (perhaps with slightly less bronzing ambition). Enter JJ Sullivan and Kait "CK" Haynes.

Outside of the excitement, all the other feelings that should come with this adventure aren’t really there yet.

It’s the weirdest feeling ever. Ive been trying to figure out when its all going to hit me..
  • Maybe when our apartment is empty – it is now… and it didn’t work.
  • Or when we bunk up with friends for a week before we leave…. What-up Heather and Hunter - SLUMBER PARTYYY!!!
  • Maybe when were at the airport or find ourselves on the top of Macho Picchu doing the stanky leg.
Who knows..But I think it's those feelings I am the most excited for.

I have been dreaming about what we’re going to see, feel, etc.. over the course of the next year. I start with the standard….
  • Sun setting or rising over the either the most epic beach or mountain range you have ever seen
  • A feeling of groundedness, centered and everything else people pretend to feel during Goodlife Fitness Yoga classes.
..........Then I loose focus and I find myself say – “how do you know?”
And I remember why (partly) I’m going on this trip.......... and yes, an epic bronze is one of the reasons.

Cheers to doin’ it. Whatever the IT is.

--outofoffice_Jonny
Meet us here: http://goo.gl/BHaok




No comments:

Post a Comment